Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flint

There's a blog I love to follow, written by a Flint Expat. Today someone posted a picture of my old horse Alazon:
Every time I visit this blog, I'm reminded of my childhood, teen years and eventual flight from my home town. Down at the core I'm a rust belt gal with strong union ties and an unabashed liberal lean, tempered with those dang conservative Midwest ethos. Keep your word, do what you say, be a good friend, be honest, work hard and don't whine. 

Sometimes the Northwest clashes with the Midwest. Times like waiting in the shopping line. I'll strike up a conversation, and I won't get the immediate response I'd get at Combers Market. They're nice out here, but people won't tell you how they feel -- they'll guide you through how they came up with an opinion, an opinion that they won't readily share. Where to find the resources for pros and cons, the different sides of a story. I've said it before, this drives me crazy when I just want to know how someone FEELS. I hope I don't lose that characteristic, even if it makes me look silly or a bit like a loose cannon out here. 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

a writer's blog

a writer's blog